Friday, January 23, 2009

Made: board books

This is a very belated post. I made 4 board books for Christmas for the different babies in our lives. One for Jocelyn (8 months), one for Paul (18 months), one for Landon (6 months), and one for our newest little baby Afton (2 weeks at the time).

I got the idea from Jill and got the books from blank slate board books. They send you the books and some labels and a CD with the template on it so that you can print directly on your labels...I took some photographs of the babies and their families and edited them with Picnik and then slapped them on... It was very easy and super fun.

When Jocelyn is older, I want to have her write and illustrate a story directly on the labels and "publish" her book. There are lots of fun things you can do with them. Here are the pages from her book. (I didn't finish the other ones in time to take pictures before they needed to be wrapped up and given away)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That's awesome! What a great gift idea!

Amalie said...

I love these books. What a great idea. SO, I checked out that crazy moms quilts and I really do like that quilt. I really like the explanation of the new quilt that she made. She explained just how to get the straight quilting lines. I have been thinking about trying it, but it is great to have someone elses ideas.

Tyson and Chelsea said...

They are so cute and Afton loves her black and white book. She can focus on it for a long time now

annette said...

All I can say is wowwwwwwww

wendy said...

That is so cute. How fun for her to have these books all about her. What a treasure when she is older.